Preston Hall was sold to Robert Horner of Spitalfields in 1906 and remained unoccupied
until 1907 when Robert Sauber took up residence
In 1914 Preston Hall was commissioned from Robert Sauber’s widow by the Red Cross
as a hospital for casualties returning from the First World War. As there were stables
on the grounds, horses were also brought to Preston Hall to be rehabilitated and
looked after before returning to the front line.
At the end of the First World War, Preston Hall had become an established TB hospital
and the staff running it were loathe to see it close down. Preston Hall was sold
to Leeds Fireclay company after the war who subsequently sold it to Industrial Settlements
Incorporated in 1919.